So this recipe is probably the closet I’m getting to a holiday this year! *sigh* If you could put the Mediterranean on a plate I think this is probably what it would look and taste like! Spicy colourful and much like a holiday you just don’t want it to end! Get the recipe below:
Hey dudes and dudettes *waves*. You’re going to love this recipe! So, I’d like to think of myself as a bit of a milkshake queen. You name it, I’ve probably blended it up! From apple pies to coffee and doughnut, victorias sponge #MilkshakeGameStrong. One of my faves though has to be this Oreo and mint. The freshness it gives you… Tis a bit unreal! Get the recipe below: Read More
It’s the weekend, ‘appy Saturday to all! Oh yeah and great news, the sun’s finally made an appearance*pops champagne* I was rightttt into my hot-pants, nobody had to ask! Haha. So, today on Genie In The Kitchen we’re keeping it light, fun and of course ever so yummy with this gorgeous ryvita wholegrain cracker topped with tuna, avocado and a few other bites of goodness! Get the recipe below:
TIME: 10 MINUTES
4 Ryvita wholegrain crackbreads
1 Avocado (make sure when buying it’s already ripe, nightmare otherwise!)
1 can of tuna
1/2 a cucumber
4 dollops of a light mayonnaise
Spring onion for sprinkling
Black pepper for sprinkling
1) Lay crackerbreads onto your serving plate.
2) Slice the cucumbers thinly and lay them on top of your crackerbread.
3) Cut open the avocado and cut it into slices. Then place it neatly on top of the cumbers.
4) In a bowl mash up the tuna using a fork .
5) Now place the tuna on top of the avocado slices.
6) Place a generous dollop of mayonnaise on top of the pile.
8) Lastly, sprinkle a pinch of black pepper over it and it’s ready to serve!
This makes such a fantastic appetizer or snack!
Genie In The Kitchen xxx
Keep up to date with me on social media guys:
It is officially the start of summer in Londres! *woop woop*. Unfortunately it looks nothing like it though, it’s all rain and grey clouds as per usual of my favourite city *sigh*. I guess this is going to be another 3 months of creating summer rather than actually having one. So, lets start with this gorgeous summer fruit bowl. I was feeling uber creative this morning and decided to serve the fruit in a fruit itself *winks* you can thank me later! This is the most gorgeous fruit bowl you can have at any dinner party or special occasion as it’s a real conversation starter. They’ll ask “where did you buy that fruit bowl?” and you shall hold your head up with pride and say “I made it” Hahaha Get the recipe and method below!
2 cups of strawberries
small bunch of grapes
1/2 a lemon
1/2 a lime
1) Get your pineapple.
2) Cut pineapple in half.
3) Using a knife, cut a vertical line from the top of the pineapple to the bottom .
4) Cut around the edges of the pineapple (follow the shape of the pineapple).
5) Now draw horizontal lines across the pineapple so you get cube shapes.
6) Scoop out the cubes of pineapples using a spoon. Then place it into a bowl, use the pineapples for your bowl.
7) Drain juice out of the bowl (try and drain as much as you can so it doesn’t leak).
8) Cut strawberries in half, peel kiwi and cut it into slices, peel oranges etc.. To crack open the coconut twist the screw driver into the 3 black circles and then drain the coconut water out. Then throw it against a hard surface (a floor).
9) Fill it up with fruit. I organised them into lines because I’m a neat freak but you can mix it all up if you wish to.
Ahh now that’s the taste of summer right?
Genie In The Kitchen
Happy Sunday people! So in my house we have Chinese once a week, it like our thing. Some members of the fam even have it every other day (I won’t say any names, motherrr). There’s nothing better than a good Chinese take-out on a Sunday eve with a Netflix movie *sighs* We’ve dabbled in a lot of Chinese take-out places and I think we’ve officially found the best one London has to offer! If you’re anything like me when it comes to take-outs you want big portions, great service, freebies and more importantly great tasting and QUALITY food. Golden Noodle located in South East London has all that! Once you spend over £30.00 you even get a free meal (I did a cartwheel when they told me that, free food whoop whoop) Literally as I write this post my mother’s ordering from them again.
What I got? Sweet and sour chicken hong kong style with fried rice, Sweet and sour pork ribs and prawn crackers.
Prices? Most meals start from around £5!
Apologies for the lack of images everybody else had already gobbled their food down!
Address: Golden Noodle, 177 Queens Rd, SE15 2ND
Next post up on Wednesday!
See what else I’m up to on social media:
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK: Boyin Akinlade
Genie In The Kitchen xxx
Morning guys! If you follow me on Instagram then you’ll know I’m starting #HealthyUnder20! I’ll explain, healthy under 20 is basically a bunch of healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack recipes and ideas that you can have ready in 20 minutes and under! How perfect does that sound ey? The recipes are all very well balanced including carbs, protein and important vitamins to make your diets less painful and more tolerable. I’m trying to get rid of my winter pouch and get a super flat crop top stomach for summer so I’ve been eating a little healthier and working out a bit more. I’m even starting pilates this week which I’m slightly nervous about as I’m not flexible in any type of way! Like, I’ve NEVER been able to touch my toes, that kind of unflexible! Anywhooo I thought I’d kick-start Healthy Under 20 with the most important meal of the day, Breakfast!
POPPY SEED BREAD, SCRAMBLED EGGS, AVOCADO & HAM
For 2 people
– Half a loaf of poppy seed bread
– 8 slices of ham
– 2 eggs
– 2 avocados
– 2tbsp of olive oil
1) Cut and peel the avocados. Then slice it into dices and place aside.
2) Crack the 2 eggs into a bowl and mix it together using a fork.
3) Place olive into pan and wait for it to heat up. Then pour in egg mixture.
4) Put bread on side of plate and serve.
TOTAL TIME: 12 MINUTES
PINEAPPLES & NATURAL YOGHURT
For 1 person
– Half a medium pineapple
– 2 cups of natural yoghurt
1) Cut pineapple into small pieces. (I prefer to carve the pieces into the pineapple using a knife and then scoop it out , how to on my Youtube channel)
2) Pour yoghurt into a bowl and then place your pineapple pieces into it.
TOTAL TIME: 8 MINUTES
CHICKEN, EGG & MAYO TIGER BAGELS
For 1 person
– 1 bagel
– 1 egg
– 3 slices of chicken roll
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 1 tbsp of light mayonaise
– 1 tbsp of a light vegetable spread (I used I can’t believe it’s not butter)
1) Scramble the egg using a fork. Then place 1 tbsp of olive oil into frying. Once heated place egg mix inside the pan. When it’s cooked put it to one side.
2) Now place bagels in toaster and then place spread on it.
3) Place chicken roll onto base of bagel. Put eggs on top and add some mayo.
TOTAL TIME: 13 MINUTES
THE BEST GREEN JUICE
For 2 people or 1 very hungry person
– 2 cups of spinach
– 1/4 of a large cucumber
– 3/4 of a medium pineapple (chopped)
– 1/2 cup of orange juice
1) Put all ingredients into the blender and blend! Add the orange juice into the mix slowly as texture may vary. (Less juice, more thick).
2) Ready to drink!
TOTAL TIME: 9 MINUTES
– 2/ 3 cup of All Bran Flakes
– 2/3 cup of Jordan’s Country Crisp with Nuts
– 3/4 cup of semi-skimmed milk
– One handful of chopped strawberries
1) Pour cereal in to bowl. Place in strawberries and milk and then eat!
TOTAL: ABOUT 3 MINUTES!
I’m feeling lighter already Hahaha I hope you guys enjoyed this! Stay tuned for the breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes!
Check out what else I’m up to on my social media pages:
FACEBOOK: Boyin Akinlade
Until next time!
Genie In The Kitchen x
Greetings lovely, jubbly gorgeous people! I’m absolutely slumped right now *sigh* I went vegan food shopping for The Cookie Experience in Central London and oh my goodness it took the energy right out of me! I had to get a sugar fix for the ride home so I popped by Crumbs & Dollies owned by the amazing Youtuber,Cupcake Jemma. I found their Instagram a few weeks ago and I’ve been craving a slice of their Malteser cake ever since so I had to grab one! It was amazing! Instagram is foodporn HQ, it’s usually what inspires me with my baking and cooking. So here’s a bunch of Instagram foodies you’ve got to follow! WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS SEVERE FOOD PORN.
HUNGRY BETCHES – @HungryBetches
LOVE FOOD – @Love_Food
SORTED FOOD- @SortedFood
BREAKFAST OF LONDON @BreakfastLondon
CITY FOODIE- @CityFoodie
COLLEGE GIRL EATS – @CollegeGirlEats
I know your head’s probably spinning from all this food porn because mine sure is! Just have a seat and let it all sink in, you’ll be alright in a few Haha.
YOUTUBE: Genie In The Kitchen
Genie In The Kitchen xxx
Bonjour! So yesterday I woke up craving a melt in your mouth burger, you know one that you have to use two hands for and the cheese is melting and it’s shiny and perfect and you almost don’t want to eat it because you kind of just want it to always be there for you. Ever felt like that? Well, this need was met yesterday! MEATLiquior has been around for a while now but I’ve never been before, partly because I always want to go on a Saturday and the is queue endless so I just turn back around. This time around I visited on a Sunday with Tobi (my sister) and it wasn’t busy at all. Let me just say, this was the best burger I’ve had, seriously! And to top it off even the fries were amazing (I never thought I’d say that about fries because they’re always a bit mehhh!) It’s definitely a spot you have to try when in London! Plus they have ONION RINGS THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD!
What I got: Dead hippie burger and hippie fries, onion rings and the silver angel cocktail.
What Tobi got: Bacon cheeseburger with cheese fries and a vanilla milkshake which she said was pretty darn good!
If you’re ever around the area, in the words of John Catuccii “You gotta eat here!”
Keep up to date with me on my social media accounts!
*wipes drool* Until next time guys!
Genie In The Kitchen x
Happy Tuesday you lovely beings! (I’m in a super good mood today if you can’t tell, it might be something to do with the sunshine). If you didn’t know, Borough Market is one of my favourite food markets! Reason number one being because it’s got some great food, it’s also very spacious, it has a seating area you can enjoy your food in and it’s somewhere you can go to get organic vegetables and hard to find veggies like chicory etcetera. They also have a demo kitchen on Thursdays I believe, in which chefs come and demonstrate recipes and let you eat the food after (yeah, that’s my favourite part!). I went to Borough market a few weeks ago and got to meet the lovely Celia Brooks she was an absolute gem and gave me loads of advice on cooking and getting into the food industry. Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures of this as it was very spontaneous but I popped down to Borough Market yesterday for some lunch and took loads of pictures for you. I also filmed a video of my walkabout there and it’s live on my YouTube channel!
Queue the images!
I LOVEEEEE Borough Market!
To see what else I’m up to, follow me on my social media accounts!
Happy Tuesday *taps dances*. Do you suffer from major rice wastage? Always having to chuck the leftovers in the bin? Look no further! Here’s a quick and easy solution on how to make the most of your rice. So, the other day I was hunggrrryyy, I mean hungry! The only thing in my fridge was rice from last night. I had to make some magic with it or starve! With a few bits and bobs already in my cupboards I made this delicious fried rice style dish! Luckily whilst making it I filmed the recipe on my SnapChat just in case it turned out amazing and it diddd! *woop, woop* Get the recipe below:
1/4 of a smoked turkey (turkey isn’t just for Christmas! I recommend buying it from your local butcher)
5 cups of boiled rice
1 chopped habanero chilli
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
3/4 cup of brown beans
1/2 a small red onion
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
2 cups of broccoli
4 tbsp of soy sauce
2 maggi cubes
1 tsp of salt
1) Boil brown beans with 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Leave it to boil.
2) Heat olive oil up (on a high heat) in wok and then place the smoked turkey into it. Cook for approx 4 mins or until slightly brown.
3) Place hob on a medium heat and add habanero and red onions into the mix. Mix together.
4) Add honey and walnuts.
5) Place the boiled rice into the mix and then add the beans and broccoli.
6) Pour in soy sauce and crush in maggi cubes and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
7) Place on your lowest heat for for 5 mins and then it’s ready to serve!!
Until next time guys!
Genie In The Kitchen xx