Hey beautiful people, It’s the weekend so thought it’d be a great time to make my first official post (excuse me if it’s a bit rusty). I introduce you all to the Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie! It goes down an absolute treat every damn time and once you get to that Oreo centre point oh.my.goodness. life’s perfect! It’s so simple to make and you only need the most basic of ingredients, so lets get started!
- 2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- 120g of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 12 Oreos
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the softened butter into a large mixing bowl, add both the granulated and brown sugar into the bowl. Then whisk all together until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the the two eggs and then whisk all together. Once that’s done follow by adding in the teaspoon of vanilla and once again combining it.
- Now it’s time to add in the flour. Do this gradually by adding half the flour first . Whisk it all up and then add in the rest of flour. It should look something like this:
- Finally, it’s time to add in the chocolate chips in. Pour it evenly over the mixture then combine it all together using either a whisk or spatula to ensure it’s evenly distributed into the dough. So, that’s part one done. Hopefully everyone’s dough is looking good. I’m guilty of nibbling the cookie dough at this point it tastes lovely once the chocolate chips are in!
- Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie dough (you can use your hands) and place it on top of the Oreo. Do the same for the bottom half and the edges. Imagine you’re creating a ball of cookie dough, there shouldn’t be any Oreo in sight.
- Line your oven tray with baking paper and then place the cookie dough balls spaciously onto the tray as they will expand.
- Place into oven for around 25 – 30 mins.
- Leave them to cool to for 5 minutes and then they’re ready to eat. Love, Genie In The Kitchen