Morning guys! If you follow me on Instagram then you’ll know I’m starting #HealthyUnder20! I’ll explain, healthy under 20 is basically a bunch of healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack recipes and ideas that you can have ready in 20 minutes and under! How perfect does that sound ey? The recipes are all very well balanced including carbs, protein and important vitamins to make your diets less painful and more tolerable. I’m trying to get rid of my winter pouch and get a super flat crop top stomach for summer so I’ve been eating a little healthier and working out a bit more. I’m even starting pilates this week which I’m slightly nervous about as I’m not flexible in any type of way! Like, I’ve NEVER been able to touch my toes, that kind of unflexible! Anywhooo I thought I’d kick-start Healthy Under 20 with the most important meal of the day, Breakfast!
POPPY SEED BREAD, SCRAMBLED EGGS, AVOCADO & HAM
For 2 people
– Half a loaf of poppy seed bread
– 8 slices of ham
– 2 eggs
– 2 avocados
– 2tbsp of olive oil
1) Cut and peel the avocados. Then slice it into dices and place aside.
2) Crack the 2 eggs into a bowl and mix it together using a fork.
3) Place olive into pan and wait for it to heat up. Then pour in egg mixture.
4) Put bread on side of plate and serve.
TOTAL TIME: 12 MINUTES
PINEAPPLES & NATURAL YOGHURT
For 1 person
– Half a medium pineapple
– 2 cups of natural yoghurt
1) Cut pineapple into small pieces. (I prefer to carve the pieces into the pineapple using a knife and then scoop it out , how to on my Youtube channel)
2) Pour yoghurt into a bowl and then place your pineapple pieces into it.
TOTAL TIME: 8 MINUTES
CHICKEN, EGG & MAYO TIGER BAGELS
For 1 person
– 1 bagel
– 1 egg
– 3 slices of chicken roll
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 1 tbsp of light mayonaise
– 1 tbsp of a light vegetable spread (I used I can’t believe it’s not butter)
1) Scramble the egg using a fork. Then place 1 tbsp of olive oil into frying. Once heated place egg mix inside the pan. When it’s cooked put it to one side.
2) Now place bagels in toaster and then place spread on it.
3) Place chicken roll onto base of bagel. Put eggs on top and add some mayo.
TOTAL TIME: 13 MINUTES
THE BEST GREEN JUICE
For 2 people or 1 very hungry person
– 2 cups of spinach
– 1/4 of a large cucumber
– 3/4 of a medium pineapple (chopped)
– 1/2 cup of orange juice
1) Put all ingredients into the blender and blend! Add the orange juice into the mix slowly as texture may vary. (Less juice, more thick).
2) Ready to drink!
TOTAL TIME: 9 MINUTES
– 2/ 3 cup of All Bran Flakes
– 2/3 cup of Jordan’s Country Crisp with Nuts
– 3/4 cup of semi-skimmed milk
– One handful of chopped strawberries
1) Pour cereal in to bowl. Place in strawberries and milk and then eat!
TOTAL: ABOUT 3 MINUTES!
I’m feeling lighter already Hahaha I hope you guys enjoyed this! Stay tuned for the breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes!
Check out what else I’m up to on my social media pages:
FACEBOOK: Boyin Akinlade
Until next time!
Genie In The Kitchen x