Happy Tuesday *taps dances*. Do you suffer from major rice wastage? Always having to chuck the leftovers in the bin? Look no further! Here’s a quick and easy solution on how to make the most of your rice. So, the other day I was hunggrrryyy, I mean hungry! The only thing in my fridge was rice from last night. I had to make some magic with it or starve! With a few bits and bobs already in my cupboards I made this delicious fried rice style dish! Luckily whilst making it I filmed the recipe on my SnapChat just in case it turned out amazing and it diddd! *woop, woop* Get the recipe below:
1/4 of a smoked turkey (turkey isn’t just for Christmas! I recommend buying it from your local butcher)
5 cups of boiled rice
1 chopped habanero chilli
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
3/4 cup of brown beans
1/2 a small red onion
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts
2 cups of broccoli
4 tbsp of soy sauce
2 maggi cubes
1 tsp of salt
1) Boil brown beans with 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Leave it to boil.
2) Heat olive oil up (on a high heat) in wok and then place the smoked turkey into it. Cook for approx 4 mins or until slightly brown.
3) Place hob on a medium heat and add habanero and red onions into the mix. Mix together.
4) Add honey and walnuts.
5) Place the boiled rice into the mix and then add the beans and broccoli.
6) Pour in soy sauce and crush in maggi cubes and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
7) Place on your lowest heat for for 5 mins and then it’s ready to serve!!
Until next time guys!
Genie In The Kitchen xx