When chocolate is plastered everywhere and on everything, you know what time it is, Easter! I’m personally not a fan of the huge chocolate eggs (it makes my teeth hurt) . However, I do like chocolate butter-cream and cupcakes and mini eggs and Smarties. So I figured I’d share my Easter egg nest cupcake recipe. They’re super moist and very, very simple to make and absolutely adorable! I’ve also posted the step-by-step video on my YouTube channel, so if you prefer to watch rather than read, head over here.
1 cup of self-raising flour
1 cup of sugar (granulated or caster)
100g of Stork
3 medium eggs
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking soda.
For the deco:-
126g bag of Smarties
100g of Mini Eggs
Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius
1) Cream together stork and sugar until fluffy.
2) Add in eggs and vanilla, whisk together until properly combined.
3) Now add in flour and baking soda. Mix it together until combined.
4) Place cupcake cases in cupcake tray. Fill 2tbsp of the cake mixture into each case.
5) Put in the oven for 12 minutes or until golden.
6) Leave to cool for 1.5 hours.
For the icing:-
1) Flat ice the cupcakes with the vanilla butter-cream.
2) Pipe the chocolate butter-cream onto the cupcake (Your start point should be in between the centre and the edge).
3) Finally place your smarties and mini eggs into the centre.
Enjoy and Happy Easter guys!
Genie in the Kitchen Xxx