Why is it salads are known as a “boring dish”? or something you only eat when you’re on a diet? I love a good salad! I guess it all stems back to being a child, when my mum said salad, it was those dry packaged ones you get in the supermarkets. Slightly traumatised, I avoided salad at every opportunity. Since I’ve been exploring food I realised salads can be the most beautiful, quick and delicious dish you can make. Best of all, when making salad you never ever make a mistake! This chicken is salad is to die for, seriously!
There’s a video on my YouTube channel showing exactly how I made it. Just search”Boyin Akinlade” on YouTube .
4 cooked and chopped chicken thighs
2 large bread wraps
1 cup of grated carrots
6 medium tomatoes
3/4 of a cucumber
3/4 of iceberg lettuce
A salad dressing. (I recommend mayo or garlic and herb)
1) Chop you cucumber into small pieces.
2) Now chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
3) Finely chop the iceberg lettuce.
4) Put your bread wraps into the oven at 180 Celsius for approximately 4 minutes or until slightly toasted.
5) Once the bread is toasted lay it on your serving plate.
6) Place some lettuce in the centre of your wrap.
7) Decorate your tomatoes around the lettuce.
8) Do the same with the cucumbers.
9) Go around the cucumbers with the grated carrots.
10) Place you chicken right in the middle of the salad, on top of the lettuce.
11) Squeeze your dressing onto the salad.
12) Cut half your lemon into wedges and place in the salad. Then squeeze the juice from the other half of your lemon over your salad.
Voilà, you’ve completed your masterpiece!
Genie In The Kitchen xoxo