It’ssssss pancake day tomorrow! *woop,woop* I’ve bundled all my favourite pancake recipes into one post. Blueberry, bacon and maple and strawberry and lemon. When you use one of my recipes hashtag “#GenieInTheKitchen”. Enjoy! Xxx
STRAWBERRY & LEMON PANCAKES
2 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups of Milk (semi or whole)
6 Medium Strawberries
1 tbsp of Vanilla Flavouring
1) Put the flour,eggs, milk and vanilla extract into a bowl. Then whisk it all together.
2) Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the mixture. Mix it all together.
3) Place 1 tbsp of oil into a frying pan and place on a medium-high heat.
4) Once fully heated place your first scoop of pancake into the pan. Approx 20 seconds each side.
*Re-add in a tablespoon of oil when you need to.
5) Once you’ve finished the mixture. Dress with chopped strawberries, lemons and syrup.
BACON AND MAPLE SYRUP PANCAKES
2 1/2 Cups of Self-raising flour
1 Cup of Milk
1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Makes 12 pancakes
1) Lay bacon on oven tray, drizzle in sunflower oil. Then put in oven for approx 30 minutes.
2) Put the flour, eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl. Then whisk it all together.
3) Place one tablespoon of oil into your pan and place it on a medium heat. Once heated, use your dipped spoon to place the mixture into the plan. Turn it over every 20 seconds.
*Move your hand in a circular motion when placing into pan, just so you get the right shape.
4) Repeat this method with the rest of the mixture.
5) Now, drizzle in maple syrup and place your bacon on the side.
1 1/2 cup of Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 cup of Semi-Skimmed or Whole Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
1/4 cup of Bluberries
Makes 6 pancakes
1) Place a tablespoon of sunflower oil in a pan on a low heat.
2) Whilst the oil heats up. Place the flour, egg, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl then whisk it thoroughly all together.
*Don’t try to get rid of any lumps, it’s meant to be lumpy!
3) Now add in the blueberries and mix the batter slightly.
4) Add 1tbsp of oil into your frying pan and put on a medium-high heat
5) Once heated put your first scoop of batter into the pan. (I use a deep scoop spoon to place the batter in the pan.)
Just so you know, the first pancake always looks dodgy! Once you’ve got into the groove it should start looking prettier.
Hope you all loved this! To see what else I’m making don’t forget to follow my social media accounts.
YOUTUBE: BOYIN AKINLADE