I say,”Indulgence, always and in all ways”. Life’s short, so you’ve got to enjoy the sweeter things it has to offer like cakes, cookies and French toast! Now I’m not saying eat sugar all day and everyday (I don’t want you to get diabetes!).However eating a slice of cake, some fries or any indulgent meal every few days isn’t going to kill you. If you follow my Instagram (@BoyinAkinlade) you’ll learn I eat A LOT of not so healthy things, despite all this I still manage to have a flat stomach. You’ve just got to work out! Instead of taking the bus just walk sometimes,balance! I don’t know when I became a life coach! Hahaha. So what I’m saying is sit back,relax and make yourself some French toast! Get the recipe:
Cook Time : 15 Minutes
5 Slices of White Loaf Bread
1/2 Cups of Milk
1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
1/2 tbsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
Chocolate Spread (Optional)
1) Place your eggs,milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and brown sugar into a bowl and whisk it all together.
2) Now, heat your pan to a high heat and place 1tsp of butter inside.
3) Once the pan is fully heated soak a slice of bread into the egg mixture and place it in the pan.
4) Cook for approximately 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
5) Dress it up! I used strawberries and chocolate but you can use whatever you like!
“Cooking is like love, it should be entered into with complete abandon or not at all.” – Harriet Van Horne
To see what else I’m cooking and eating check out my Instagram : @BoyinAkinade
Love, Genie In The Kitchen Xxx