Pesto pasta! Ah, well what can I say. It’s traditionally a blend of pine nuts, basil, parmesan, garlic and olive oil. It’s one of my favourite pasta combinations (beats spaghetti bolognese by a mile!) Today I’m going to show you how to get the best quality taste in 15 MINUTES with a little cheat I have up my sleeve. Have dinner ready in 1..2..3.
COOKING TIME : 15 MINUTES
MAKES 3 PORTIONS
4 Cups of Penne Pasta
6 tbsp of Pesto Sauce
2 tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
2 tbsp of Butter
2 tbsp of Salt
1/2 tbsp of Black Pepper
1) Put your pasta into a pot and then fill it up with boiling water (Approx 3 inches higher than the pasta).
2) Add in 1/3 cup of olive oil. Then leave it to boil on a high heat for 10 minutes.
3) Once cooked, drain the pasta from water.
4) Now add in the pesto sauce, salt, pepper and mix it together.
5) Add in the 2 tbsp of butter and the 2 tbsp of Parmsan cheese. Then mix it all together on a low heat allowing the cheese and butter to melt.
6) Drizzle with a little bit of oil. Now it’s ready to be served.
I promise you’ll love this as much as I do. It’s full of flavour,easy quick and filling!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen xxx