Shortbread biscuits are the perfect winter biscuit! Sweet, soft AND crunchy. I decided to add a little twist to it since it’s Christmas! I chucked in some cranberries and white chocolate and created a gorgeous christmassy combination. It’s the perfect Christmas day snack (with a cup of tea to wash it down #Bliss). Get the recipe:
100g of Cranberries (fresh or pre-packaged)
100g of White Chocolate Chunks
180g of Unsatled Butter (room temperature)
1 1/4 Cup of Self-raising Flour
3/4 Cup of Icing Sugar
1tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp of Salt
Cooking Time: 1hour
Pre-heat oven to 180 Celsius
1) In a bowl whisk together the icing sugar and unsalted butter.
2) Add the flour, salt and vanilla extract into the bowl and whisk it thoroughly.
3) Finally add in the cranberries and white chocolate.
4) Line your 9×9 tray with baking paper. Then spoon the shortbread mixture into your tray. (Smooth down the mixture using a spoon).
5) Now put it in the oven for 30-40 minutes. (or until slightly golden)
6) Use biscuit cutter to press in your desired shape.
7) Let the mixture cool down for 20 minutes. Then carefully carry it out.
Merry Christmas All!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen xxx