“You can make five guys burgers at home! You can make five guys burgers at home!” *shouts to all the world*. Sometime in the past year five guys opened up their first restaurant in London, Covent Garden. The queue is always endless, so I decided to find out what the craze is all about! After a little inspection and a lot of slow chewing, I figured out their recipe and made it myself! It tasted EXACTLY the same! It’s so simple you’re not even going to believe it. Make it with me:
750g of Beef Mince
3 Medium Tomatoes
1/2 tbsp of Salt
1/2 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
1/2 an Onion (finely chopped)
5 Slices of Cheese (the type used in subs)
5 Sesame Burger Buns
1) Firstly, we’re going to massage the pepper and salt into the beef.
2) Now, roll the beef into medium sized balls and flatten it using your hands.
3) Heat your pan up to a medium heat and then put your burgers in.
4) Place your burger onto your bun. Then place a slice of cheese and then another burger onto the bun.
5) Place your chopped onions onto a pan for about one minute. Then place it onto your bun.
6) Place your lettuce, then mayo and then tomatoes onto the stack.
7) Squeeze your mustard sauce and relish onto the top half of then bun.
*For the fries, deep fry and chop some marabel potatoes.
You just made a five guys burger! How delicious is it?
Love, Genie In The Kitchen