Eton mess has got to be one of my favourite desserts. I mean, can you really go wrong when there’s meringues, strawberries and cream involved? Nuh-uh. Anyway, when making an eton mess I love adding a little twist in it just to make it that bit more special. In this version I added in some kiwi and lemon and it was beyond gorgeous. Let’s make magic!:
12 Small Strawberries
3 Large Meringues
1 Cup of Whipping Cream
1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp of Granulated Sugar
2 tbsp of Icing Sugar
1) Chop up the kiwi and strawberries and put it into your bowl.
2) Now add the granulated sugar and balsamic vinegar in to the bowl and lightly stir it together.
3) Grate the skin of the lemon and add it into the bowl of whipping cream.
4) Cut the lemon in half and add the juice from the lemon into the bowl of strawberries and kiwi and mix it together.
3) For the whipping cream you can use a hand mixer or a whisk. I used a whisk in this but note it does take approx10 minutes to come together.
4) Using your hand, crumble the meringues into the bowl of whipped cream.
5) Spoon the mixture of strawberries and kiwi into the cream and fold it together.
Finito! It’s such a beautiful dessert guys!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen xxx