The awkward moment when you’re supposed to be blogging a recipe and you totally forget to take pictures! Yeah,I was bloody hungry. Luckily for me this recipe is super simple! So,I decided to whip up another leaving me with two cakes! That’s my breakfast sorted for the next week *pats tummy*. Moving on today’s recipe is a very, very simple vanilla cake. It Literally takes 20 minutes to make, no joke! Get the recipe:
2 1/2 Cups of Self-raising Flour
125g of Softened Unsalted Butter
1 Cup of Semi-skimmed milk or whole milk
3 Medium Eggs
1 Cup of Sugar
1 tsp of Baking Powder
2tsp of Vanilla Flavouring
For the deco:
Betty Crocker Butter-cream style icing or another icing of your choice.
1 Large Bowl of Strawberries
Pre-heat oven to 220 Celsius and line baking tray with baking paper
1) Firstly, whisk together the softened butter and sugar.
2) Secondly add in the the 3 eggs and vanilla flavouring and whisk it all together.
3) Now, pour the 1 cup of milk into the mixture and combine it thoroughly.
4) Lastly add in the flour and baking powder. Once the flour and baking powder is well mixed in, distribute the batter evenly into your baking tray.
5) Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Tip: If you are not sure whether your cake is ready stick a cocktail stick into a few different areas, if it comes out clean your cake is readyyy!
6) Once cooked, leave to cool for about 1 hour.
For the decoration:
1) Using a knife apply the chocolate butter-cream icing all over the cake.
2) Chop up the strawberries and place carefully onto the cake.
Voilà, that’s all done! Happy Sunday people, have a fantastic week!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen xoxo