Think of this dish as the onsie of the food world, it caters to all your needs! Whether you’re a cheese lover, a vegetarian or just looking for a change theses peppers hits the spot! I was looking for a change when I decided to make this for my family, we never really eat meatless dishes so I wanted to chuck something different at them. Oh boy, I wish you could all see there faces when I placed this on the dinner table Dad: Is this is there a little chicken at the bottom?…Do I use a fork?…Well this is different ain’t it… but all ended in smiles and empty plates!.Healthy, quick and simple! Get the recipe!
6 Bell Peppers (cut into half)
1 1/2 Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1/2 cup of Chopped Parsley
2 Cups of Couscous
1 slice of Mature Cheddar Cheese
1/4 of a Red Onion
3/4 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp of Salt
1 tbsp of Oregano
1 tbsp of Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
1) Put the pepper inside the oven for 10 minutes.
2) Heat frying pan to medium heat and then pour the olive oil inside. Once heated place the onion, tomatoes, pepper, salt and oregano inside the pan .
3) Now add in the couscous. Straight after add in half a cup of boiling water (distributed evenly) and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
4) Next, add in the parsley and mix it in.
5) Using a spoon place the couscous into the stuffed peppers with a small line of cheese on top of each of them.
6) Finally, put in the oven for 10 minutes.
Now how tasty was that!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen