Summer isn’t over till you say it is! As soon as the sun’s gone we all seem to pack up our grills and get our hot water bottle and mugs out, but that doesn’t have to be! Why not have a BBQ indoors?. I don’t mean you should paint your house bright yellow and strut around your living room in a bikini but If you’re anything like me you crave grilled chicken and veg all year round, no matter the temperature. So, this afternoon I decided to cook up an autumn kitchen storm with some grilled chicken, steak and veg and it was delicious people! Get the recipe!
For the chicken:-
5 Chicken Thighs
3 tbsp of Barbecue Seasoning
2 tbsp of Salt
1 tsp of Mixed Herbs
For the steak:-
4 Beef Steaks
1 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
4 tbsp of Red Cooking Wine
2 tsp of Salt
For the Vegetables:-
Cherry Tomatoes (Any Amount)
Carrots (Any Amount)
Sweetcorn Cobettes (Any Amount)
1/4 tsp of Mixed Herbs
Pre-heat oven to 160 Celsius
1) Lay the chicken onto your oven tray and rub the barbecue seasoning and salt evenly all over the chicken. Then sprinkle the mixed herbs over it and put into the oven for 1 hour turning it over every 30 minutes.
Heat frying pan up to a medium heat with a tablespoon of sunflower in it.
1) Put the 4 pieces of steak into a bowl and massage in the black pepper and salt.
2 ) Now sprinkle the cooking wine all over it.
3) Put in the frying pan. Cooking it at 3 minutes on each side.
For the vegetables:-
1) Cut carrots in half and place on tray.
2) Now add the corn onto the tray and sprinkle the mixed herbs over it.
3) Put in the oven for 20 minutes.
Everyone enjoyed this there was a big fight for the last piece of chicken! Haha.
Love, Genie In The Kitchen