I know when you think of the word ‘burger’,healthy doesn’t exactly spring to mind but you know what burgers can be enjoyed as healthy meal you’ve just got to cut out a lot of things and put in a few different things. All the salt and cheese really isn’t needed for a good bite. Don’t you just hate it when you’re on a diet and the only things you seem to eat are either leaves or nuts? I’m seriously not about that life! (uh uh, no thank you). I believe in well balanced diets. A little bit of everything! I mean having Mc Donalds 1 every 2 weeks really isn’t going to kill you. So anyway, this recipe is for people on a diet and all the health conscious folks out there looking for something more exciting than a pea salad! Get the recipe!
– 3 Chicken Fillets
– 3 Sunflower Seed Buns
– 4 Tomatoes
– 1 Cucumber
– 1/2 an Onion
– 3 Cups of Rocket
– 1/2 tsp of Mixed Herbs
– Light Butter
– Olive Oil
– Sweet Honey and Mustard Dressing
Pre-heat oven to 220 Celsius
1) Firstly pop your chicken fillets onto a oven tray. Then season it with your mixed herbs, olive oil and onions.
2) Once the seasoning is applied tightly seal the tray with tin foil. (This step is optional. Note that without the tin foil it will cook much quicker however the chicken fillet will be less juicy and more dried out. I’d say tin foil it!) . Leave to cook 1 hour. Turn over every 30 minutes.
3) Apply a teaspoon of a light butter on each burger bun. Then put in the oven for 3 minutes.
4) Now layer it up! Lay the cucumber down on the bun first, then the chicken fillet, rocket, tomatoes then the honey and mustard dressing.
So that’s done! Enjoy it guys especially because it’s 3 of your 5 a day!
Love, Genie In The Kitchen