It’s almost Sunday Funday and if you’re anything like me this includes major catch ups with friends, family, laughter and some home-cooked food! Do you guys ever get a craving for a REAL home cooked meal? The type that brings up great memories and makes you feel all warm inside because you know it’s made with love.This is exactly what this dish does for me. It’s time to get some soul in ya! Here’s the recipe:
– 1 Croaker (or as many as you’d like)
– Habanero Chillies (to taste)
– 2 Bell Peppers (1 Red, 1 Green)
– 1/2 a Onion
– 1/4 tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning
– 3 Maggi Cubes
– 2 tbsp of Salt
– 5 tbsp of Sunflower Oil
-1 Plantain (Optional)
Preheat Oven to 220 Celsius
1) Rub 1 tbsp of salt and a maggi cube all over the the Croaker. Wrap tightly in tin foil and pop into the oven for 20 minutes .
2) Finely chop the onions, peppers, chillies and onions.
3) Now, heat the 5 tbsp of sunflower oil in a pan (on a low heat) and then toss in the onions, chillies and peppers. Once it’s started to cook add in the Maggi and the other tbsp of salt. Leave for 3- 4 minutes to cook.
4) Once the fish has been in the oven for 20 minutes pour the cooked pepper sauce all over and inside the fish. Then tightly re-seal the fish with the tin foil. Then pop in the oven for 1hour approx. So that’s the fish part done! Moving onto the plantain.
* If you’d prefer the fish to have a slight crunch unseal it.
FOR THE PLANTAIN:
1) Cut the plantain diagonally and place onto oven tray.
2) Sprinkle salt on top.
3) Place in your pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.