It’s my dads 58th birthday! Whoooohooooo so we’re having a little family get together. I’ve had the longest week so didn’t particularly feel like slaving over anything in the kitchen. Ain’t nobody got time for that. So, as I laid on my sofa and prayed for guidance on what the hell to make it came to me, like a thief in the night: BRUSCHETTAAA BABY!. My recipe is ever so slightly different from the traditional Italian as I add pieces of sliced ham into it, it tastes x100000000 times better this way trust me. Healthy, quick and easy! Here’s the recipe guys: What you’ll need:
– 1 1/2 large slices of ham
– Long white baguette
– 3 tomatoes
– 1/4 cup of basil
– 2 tbsp of finely sliced red onion
– 1/2 a heaped tbsp of salt
– 1/2 a heaped tbsp of black pepper
– 1 tsp of oregano
– 3 1/2 tbsp of basil
1) Chop the red onion, tomatoes, basil and ham into small pieces.
2) Pour it all into a bowl and then add in all the ingredients. (excluding the baguette).
3) Slice the baguette diagonally and pop in the for 6 minutes at 180 degrees.
4) Spoon the toppings onto the baguette and voilà it’s ready to be served!
Now, how quick was that?
Love, Genie In The Kitchen x