ALL HAIL, THE PEACH CRUMBLE. This is by far one of my most favoured desserts, the warmness, the coldness, soft, crunchy. The peach crumble has it all going on. It’s the perfect follow up to any dinner! But should I tell I tell you what the best thing about is? It only takes 20 minutes to make and you don’t even have to do much. With the smallest of efforts you get maximum satisfaction, and that I promise you. So lets get baking!
For the filling:
– 500g of canned peaches (drain as much syrup as possible)
-1/2 a cup of granulated sugar
– 3 tbsp of corn flour
For the crumble topping:
– 1 1/2 cup of self-raising flour
– 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
– 1/3 cup of dark soft brown sugar
– 2/3 cup of unsalted butter ( cold and cut into small pieces )
– 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
1) Pre-heat oven to 200 Celsius
2) Firstly, pour the sugar and corn flour into the bowl of peaches and stir it altogether until it’s thoroughly mixed and then place it in your baking tray.
3) Moving onto the topping . Combine the flour, ground cinnamon, sugars and baking powder into one bowl and then briefly whisk it all together.
4) Add the butter into the flour mixture and then using you hands begin to lightly massage the butter pieces into the mixture. That’s the crumble done!
5) Evenly distribute the crumble over the peach filling. If you want to be really naughty you can sprinkle a bit of sugar over the top like I did!
6) Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Now, how simple was that?
Love, Genie In The Kitchen